By Susan Decker
On behalf of the Indiana Restaurant and Lodging Association
Diners will soon be able to experience culinary delights from independent and upscale chain restaurants on the north side of Indianapolis from Monday, March 3 to Sunday, March 16, 2014. For 14 days, guests will be able to take advantage of specially designed three-course, value-priced menus for one person or two people.
In its fourth year, Northside Nights anticipates more than 30 restaurants will participate in the event providing guests with various dining options including drink pairings, vegetarian and gluten free choices.
Participating restaurants and corresponding menus will be updated online at northsidenightsindy.com.
Updates will also be posted on the Northside Nights Indy Facebook page and via the Twitter handle @northsidenightsindy. For more information, visit http://northsidenightsindy.com/, or call 317-673-4211.
Editor’s Acknowledgement: Susan Decker Media.
Things to do in Indianapolis
For the week of Jan. 26 to Feb. 2, 2014
- MON-SUN: 92nd Annual Indianapolis Home Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds
- MON-SUN: ‘Devour Downtown’ Winterfest in Indianapolis
- FRI: 5th Annual Winter Nights Film Series at the Museum of Art
- FRI-SUN: Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
- WED: ‘A Downton Abbey Evening’ at the Carmel Palladium
- SUN: College Men’s Basketball at Indiana University
- THU: Darius Rucker in Concert at the Allen County Coliseum
- THU, SAT: Indiana Pacers NBA Basketball at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- THU: Indiana Ice USHL Ice Hockey at Pan Am Pavilion
- FRI-SUN: ‘Defending the Caveman’ at Theatre on the Square
- FRI-SUN: ‘The Color Purple’ at the Indianapolis Athenaeum Theatre
- FRI: Kenny Rogers in Concert at the Carmel Palladium
- MON-SUN: ‘Ice Age Giants: The Mystery of Mammoths and Mastodons’ at the State Museum
- SAT: Indy Winter Farmers Market at the Indianapolis City Market
- MON: ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at the Embassy Theatre in Fort Wayne
To see thousands of upcoming events listings and things to do in Indianapolis and Indiana, visit our main Web site at http://aroundindy.com/, or visit AroundIndy.com Mobile: http://aroundindy.com/mobile/mobile.php.
Indiana Foodways Alliance
Celebrate National Pie Day all month by traveling The Hoosier Pie Trail. The Indiana Foodways Alliance kicked off their Facebook “Show Us Your Pie” Contest to Celebrate National Pie Day (January 23, 2014). Visit one of Indiana Foodways Alliance’s Hoosier Pie Trail Restaurants and take a photo of yourself with your pie and the participating restaurant logo. Submit the pictures to enter the contest to win an Overnight Getaway Package.
Find IFA’s Hoosier Pie Trail Restaurant information and enter to win the contest at www.facebook.com/IndianaFoodway.
The package includes one overnight at the Hampton Inn & Suites and two dinners from Storie’s Restaurant in Greensburg, Indiana (known for its excellent pies; see photos). Contest runs Jan. 1, 2014 through January 31, 2014. Winner will be notified February 17, 2014.
Indiana Foodways Alliance is a statewide non-profit organization created by members of the I-69 Cultural Corridor Association in January 2007. A membership organization which encompasses a field to table spectrum from agriculture to fine dining, with emphasis on all the specialty foods, farm markets, diners and hands-on restaurants in between that are so dear to the hearts of Midwesterners who love real food.
Storie’s is one of the restaurants on the Hoosier Pie Trail, located across the street from the famed Decatur County Courthouse (you know, the one with the tree growing out of the tower) at 109 East Main Street in Greensburg. It is renowned in southeastern Indiana for its pies, where 30-50 pies of all varieties are made fresh daily and served to the restaurant’s appreciative patrons.
For more information about the Indiana Foodway Alliance, visit http://www.indianafoodways.com/, or call 317-853-4944.
Things to do in Indianapolis
September 16-22, 2013
- MON-SAT: Indy Jazz Fest in Indianapolis
- MON-SUN: Northside Nights Restaurant Specials in Indianapolis
- FRI: Craig Morgan in Concert at the Carmel Palladium
- MON-SUN: Friendship Flea Market in Ripley County
- THU-SUN: 21st Annual Sheridan Harvest Moon Festival in Hamilton County
- THU-SUN: 39th Annual Nappanee Apple Festival in Elkhart County
- FRI-SUN: 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals at the Indiana State Fairgrounds
- FRI: 3rd Annual Monument Circle Oktoberfest in Downtown Indianapolis
- SAT-SUN: 39th Annual Johnny Appleseed Festival in Fort Wayne
- SAT: 33rd Annual Fiesta Indianapolis Festival at American Legion Mall
- SAT: Indianapolis Chinese Festival at Military Park
- SUN: Feast of Tabernacles at Broad Ripple Park
- SAT: College Football: Michigan State at Notre Dame
- FRI: The Wiggles Live at the Old National Centre
- SAT: Jason Aldean in Concert at Klipsch Music Center
By Bob Burchfield, Editor
DISCLOSURE NOTICE: A Pots & Pans Production, LLC, parent company of Scotty’s Brewhouse, provided AroundIndy.com, LLC (and many other invited guests) with a free meal at their soft openings in 2010, 2011 and 2012 at Scotty’s Lakehouse in Fishers, Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co. in Broad Ripple, Scotty’s Burger Joint in Columbus, Scotty’s Brewhouse in Southport, and on this occasion at the 96th Street location.
Scotty’s Brewhouse rolled out its new fall menu at a special event for 50 social media enthusiasts on Monday, Aug. 26, 2013, at the northside location, 3905 East 96th Street in Indianapolis, Indiana. Owner Scott Wise (pictured above) was on hand to personally explain the philosophy behind the new menu and to introduce the menu selections to the invited guests at this event.
Here are a few photos from the event:
ABOVE: AroundIndy.com staff photos, (c) 2013, all rights reserved.