156th Indiana State Fair, Aug. 3-19
The 156th edition of the Indiana State Fair is scheduled for Aug. 3-19, 2012, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Gates open daily at 8 a.m. (6 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11). Admission tickets will be sold and accepted until 9 p.m. Sun-Thu and until 9:30 p.m. Fri-Sat. General Admission is $10 and children under 6 are free. Discount tickets are available at Wal-Mart, CVS, Indiana Farm Bureau offices, the Marten House Hotel, and the State Fairgrounds Ticket Office for $7.
New in 2012 is a 3-day pass for $18. The pass is good for one admission for up to three different days. You can purchase these passes at the same locations indicated above. Also new is a text service monitored daily from 7 a.m. to midnight. If you have an issue or question while at the State Fair, send a text message to the Indiana State Fair Operations Center at 317-451-5366.
State Fair concerts will be held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, 125 South Pennsylvania Street, in downtown Indianapolis, and include Barry Manilow on Aug. 3, Train on Aug. 4, Journey on Aug. 8, and Blake Shelton on Aug. 17. Tickets to these concerts include one free admission to the State Fair, good on any day of the fair.
Some daily highlights include:
- Friday, Aug. 3: Band Day at the State Fair Grandstand
- Saturday, Aug. 4: Monster Truck Nationals
- Sunday, Aug. 5: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull
- Monday, Aug. 6: International Circus Hall of Fame
- Tuesday, Aug. 7: International Circus Hall of Fame
- Wednesday, Aug. 8: Timberworks Lumberjack Show
- Thursday, Aug. 9: Timberworks Lumberjack Show
- Friday, Aug. 10: Xtreme Action Sports Show
- Saturday, Aug. 11: Cheerleading Competition
- Sunday, Aug. 12: Great American Wild West Show
- Monday, Aug. 13: Great American Wild West Show
- Tuesday, Aug. 14: Indiana State Fair Horse Pulls
- Wednesday, Aug. 15: Harness Racing
- Thursday, Aug. 16: Harness Racing
- Friday, Aug. 17: Naptown Roller Girls
- Saturday, Aug. 18: Lucas Oil Indy Mile AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National
- Sunday, Aug. 19: Lucas Oil Demolition Derby and Last Blast Fireworks
To view the official PDF program online, visit http://www.in.gov/statefair/fair/entertainment/files/ISFProgramEntirerity.pdf. For more information, visit the Indiana State Fair Web site at http://www.indianastatefair.com/, or call 317-927-7500.