Gen Con 2013 Sets Multiple Pre-Registration Records
By Stacia Kirby
On behalf of Gen Con LLC
Gen Con Indy, The Best Four Days In Gaming!™ , has set Pre-Registration records in badge sales, exhibitor booth reservations, Very Important Gamer (VIG) package sell-through, event submissions, and hotel bookings. The convention, celebrating its 46th year, will take place at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN, August 15-18, 2013.
“Having reached new records for convention attendance in the past two years, our expectations were high for our opening week, but this exceeded our already ambitious goals and estimates,” said Adrian Swartout, CEO of Gen Con LLC.
· Pre-Registration badge sales for opening week increased 41% percent year-over-year, and have surpassed 2011 badge sales by 74% year-over-year.
· Exhibit Hall booth space for Gen Con Indy 2013 has sold out, despite a 20,000 square footage increase in space this year.
· VIG packages, offered at $540, sold out within three minutes of the launch of Badge Pre-Registration at noon (Eastern) on January 27, 2013.
· Opening day hotel bookings jumped more than 17% from 2012, signaling an increase in those traveling to the show from outside the Indianapolis metropolitan area. Suburban hotel bookings also surged more than 378% year-over-year.
· Early event submission, which closes on February 8, 2013, has surpassed more than 2,700 separate events. Last year at this time, 1468 events had been submitted.
“Indy is delighted to be the host city of the longest-running, best-attended gaming convention in the world,” said Leonard Hoops, president & CEO of Visit Indy. “There’s nothing quite like Gen Con and we can’t wait to see to everyone in August.”
Badges are available with multiple shipping options at Gen Con’s homepage, www.gencon.com.
About Gen Con
Gen Con, LLC produces the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, science fiction and adventure game convention in North America. Gen Con will return to the Indianapolis Convention Center on August 15-18, 2013. Acquired in 2002 by former CEO and founder of Wizards of the Coast Peter Adkison, the company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.