Artistry Seeks Hoosier Artwork for Lobby Display
By Debbie Davis
On behalf of Artistry
Let the Selection Begin! Hoosier Artwork Wanted for Artistry Lobby
It’s an opportunity for local Indiana artists to display their work as part of an exciting new development in downtown Indianapolis. Milhaus is seeking Hoosier artwork in a variety of media and themes to display in the lobby of its new Artistry project; which will be purchased to become part of the property’s permanent collection.
Artistry is a redevelopment of the former Bank One Operations Center, located at 451 East Market Street in Indianapolis. The name “Artistry” reflects an appreciation of the arts and the neighborhood’s history of craft and skill. The development will feature pieces by area artists and incorporate an arts theme into various building features such as interiors, fixtures and signage as well as the overall residential experience.
Criteria for artwork selection
- Any work that can be safely displayed on a wall will be considered (up to seven feet in height).
- Must be a resident of the State of Indiana, 18 and older, living and working in Indiana.
- Original works in all media (except video or giclée)
- If selected, artists are responsible for the delivery of their work to the Artistry lobby.
- Milhaus reserves the right to photograph selected works and use these photographs in both printed and electronic materials for publicity and promotion.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Digital submission only. Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- You may submit a maximum of five JPGs in the order in which they are to be reviewed. JPG (.jpg) files only. Images must be under 2MB, 1920 pixels on the longest side and at least 72 dpi. TIFF and other file formats will not be accepted.
- Files names must include the title of the work and the artist name. Label your images in the following manner: Title_FirstName_LastName
- Include artist’s bio, resume and links to website in the e-mail
- Include a price sheet in a JPG format which lists the title, size, medium and cost of each work submitted.
- All entries must be received by May 20, 2013.
- Artists will be notified by June 5 of acceptance of work.
- The selection process will be made by Milhaus Development, Mitsch Designs and Q7 Associates.
- The works will be selected based on quality, medium, size and price.
When completed, Artistry will be a five-story icon of mixed use space. An open third floor pool and recreation deck will provide dramatic views of downtown Indianapolis. A second phase will add additional units on the half-block adjacent to the main building. Artistry will also invite artists to participate in a rotating exhibition gallery.
Editor’s Acknowledgement: Triad Public Relations