Santa Claus Gets a $9.4 Million Makeover
By Melissa Brockman
Spencer County Visitors Bureau
In preparation for the summer season, tourism businesses in Santa Claus and Spencer County, Indiana, are gearing up for the peak season with additions and enhancements totaling over $9.4 million.
“As National Tourism Week (May 3-11, 2014) kicks off, it’s exciting to look forward to the continued tourism industry investment in Spencer County,” said Melissa Brockman, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. “We are lucky to have businesses that prioritize visitor needs and are always improving.”
Tourism investments for 2014 include:
• A new attraction, The Kringle Haus Werkstatt, featuring a coffee café and local artisan items for sale opened in Santa Claus, Indiana;
• Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari added a classic swinging ship ride called Mayflower, Wildebeestro restaurant, Safari Outpost shop, Friday Night Fireworks from June 13 to August 1, additional cabanas, remodeled Mrs. Klaus’ Kitchen, and more;
• Additions and improvements at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort;
• New exhibits and facility improvements at Santa Claus Museum & Village;
• Vineyard and equipment upgrades, building renovation and expansion, and landscape enhancements at Monkey Hollow Winery;
• Lincoln Amphitheatre added two weeks to the performance schedule of “A. Lincoln: A Pioneer Tale;” and
• Santa’s Cottages added a fishing lake and expanded Elf Park to include more playground equipment.
The Visitors Bureau invites guests to stay overnight and visit county attractions, shops, and restaurants.