History on Tap at Conner Prairie, May 30
By Melanie Hayes
Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
Beer enthusiasts and novices alike are invited to toast the third annual History on Tap at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park on Friday, May 30, where one-fourth of all Indiana breweries will be represented.
This outdoor history and craft beer festival will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., with early admission and new VIP tickets that include appetizers from Matt the Miller’s Tavern. VIP tickets are almost sold out and the May 11 deadline for early bird discounted tickets is almost here.
Presented by the Conner Prairie Horizon Council, the museum’s young professionals group, History on Tap will feature tastings of local and historical brews, brewing demonstrations, live music and much more.
“I couldn’t be more excited for this year’s History on Tap,” said John Knight, the 2014 Horizon Council president. “We are fortunate to host over one-fourth of the state’s breweries on Conner Prairie’s unique grounds. This year we have more live music, more demonstrations, more breweries and more distinct experiences that make History on Tap one of the most enjoyable and unique craft beer festivals in the country.”
The event will feature:
- Tastings from at least 20 local breweries, including Sun King, Upland, Bier, Flat12 Bierwerks, Union Brewing, New Day Meadery, Fountain Square, Barley Island, Cutters, Three Pints, Thr3e Wise Men, Triton, Scarlet Lane, Cartel Brewing, Indiana City Brewing, Bloomington Brewing Co., Brugge Brasserie, Outliers, Daredevil, Books & Brews, and Broad Ripple Brewpub
- Craft brewing demonstrations on site
- Samples of historical brews, including ginger beer at Prairietown’s Golden Eagle Inn
- Live music from local bands the Bleeding Keys and Reid and Tim
- Sunset flights in 1859 Balloon Voyage’s tethered helium balloon (weather permitting, additional cost)
- Evening adventure in 1836 Prairietown with 19th century entertainers
- Dinner buffet ($12 fee)
Tickets and Admission
- VIP tickets: $60. New this year, attendees can participate in a VIP experience where they will join Matt the Miller’s Tavern and local brewers for appetizers and beer pairings, and access to the event starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Early admission tickets: $45. Includes access at 6:00 p.m., special brews and a door prize.
- General admission tickets: $35. Access starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Designated driver tickets: $10
- Save $5 on your tickets (except for designated driver tickets) by purchasing before May 11
All ticket levels include admission to select areas of Conner Prairie’s grounds, and, except for designated drivers, all guests will receive samples from participating breweries and a souvenir tasting glass. This event is for adults ages 21 and older. Proof of age will be required before entering the event.
Tickets can be purchased online at connerprairie.org/historyontap.
For more information, visit connerprairie.org or call 317-776-6006, like Conner Prairie and Conner Prairie Horizon Council on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @ConnerPrairie and @CPHorizon with the hashtag #HistoryonTap. All proceeds will support the mission of Conner Prairie and the Horizon Council.