Free Admission at Conner Prairie on Feb. 15, 2016
By Duane Brodt
Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
Visitors of all ages can enjoy free admission to Conner Prairie on President’s Day and hours of presidential antics and activities.
From 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15, 2016, visitors can meet several famous U.S. presidents, chat with some favorite first ladies, participate in sing-alongs, play games, shock George Washington with a surprise birthday party and more. Younger visitors are encouraged to come to Conner Prairie dressed as their favorite president or first lady for the day.
The following is planned inside the museum’s Welcome Center and Featherstone Barn (these activities will be repeated in the afternoon):
· 10:30 a.m.: George Washington’s birthday party
· 11 a.m.: Sing-a-long with Lady Liberty
· 11:30 a.m.: Fireside Chat with Franklin D. Roosevelt
· Noon: William H. Taft!
· 12:30 p.m.: Meet Some First Ladies
· 2 p.m.: Ask Abe
Other events and activities will include:
· “The Presidential Cabinet of Curiosities” with Ulysses S. Grant
· “Teddy Roosevelt’s Shooting Gallery”
· “Revolutionary War Edition of Capture the Flag” (a new game will begin at the top of every hour throughout the day)
· “Party Preparation” with Lucy Hayes and other first ladies
· “A Chicken in Every Pot and a Car in Every Garage” with Herbert Hoover
· Storytelling with Abigail Fillmore
· “I Like (Putting With) Ike!” With President Eisenhower
· “Manifest Destiny” with James K. Polk
· “Cards Against the Presidency” with Peyton Randolf
· “Save the White House” with Dolley Madison
Also, there will be many interactive exhibits throughout the day that visitors can explore, including a “Hall of Awesome Presidents,” a “Presidential Birthday Calendar,” an opportunity for visitors to vote for their president of presidents, a display of presidential pets and a true and false “Requirements to be President” presentation.
For a complete list of activities on President’s Day at Conner Prairie, visithttp://bit.ly/1SDxhNa.