By Jessa Campbell
Visit Fort Wayne
Grab a girlfriend and head to Fort Wayne, Indiana, April 19-23, 2017, for the Vera Bradley Annual Sale at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Avenue.
The Vera Bradley Annual Sale is your opportunity to take advantage of 40-60% off many of the favorite styles and prints of Vera Bradley handbags, luggage, stationary and accessories.
There are multiple sessions on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30 AM to 8:30 PM, Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM, and Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM. Register online for a session ($5 per session, Wed-Fri).
Over 50,000 women attend the sale each year – here are some tips and tricks to make your visit great:
Tips and Tricks for the Vera Bradley Annual Sale
1. Understand the difference between registration and tickets. ALL who want to attend the show must complete a registration and if you are attending on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday you need to purchase a ticket in addition to your registration.
If you still need to register or purchase tickets, you can do so here: https://www.verabradley.com/…/sta…/annualoutletsale/schedule
2. Maneuver the crowd and aisles like a pro by dressing comfortably and come hands-free. You may be waiting for a little while and you will be on your feet a lot during the sale.
3. While in Fort Wayne, make the most of your trip with some other great activities. During the 5-day sale, there are many other great opportunities to explore Fort Wayne. Consider shopping at some unique boutiques or other outlet sales, tasting some delicious chocolates, or catching a show!
4. Recharge after a full day of shopping by staying overnight in Fort Wayne. To find the perfect hotel and package, check out Visit Fort Wayne’s Web site.
If you need help planning your trip and finding more things to do, visit http://VisitFortWayne.com/verabradley or stop by the Fort Wayne Visitors Center located at 927 S. Harrison Street. You can also call one of the Visitor Information Specialists at 260.424.3700.
Visit Fort Wayne
Vera Bradley Annual Sale tickets are now available. The sale opens Wednesday, April 13 and closes Sunday, April 17, 2016.
Tickets for the first three days of the sale are $5 each and will be available at http://www.ticketmaster.com, authorized Ticketmaster locations and the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Ticket Office.
2016 Vera Bradley Annual Sale
Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
4000 Parnell Avenue
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Wednesday, April 13 through Friday, April 15 – Tickets Required
Session 1: 7:30am – 10am
Session 2: 11am – 1:30pm
Session 3: 2:30pm – 5pm
Session 4: 6pm – 8:30pm
Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17 – No tickets required – Open to the public
Saturday: 8am – 8pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Vera Bradley requires tickets for the first three days of the sale. 4,000 tickets will be available for each session. While tickets are not required during the weekend portion of the sale, attendees who wish to make a purchase will need to complete the free registration process.
Pre-registration is underway at http://www.verabradley.com/outletsale. Registration kiosks will also be available at the Memorial Coliseum during the sale.
Vera Bradley handbags, travel items, accessories, stationery and eyewear will be available at the Vera Bradley Annual Sale.
By Jasmine Bejar
When friends Patricia Miller and Barbara Bradley Baekgaard came up with the idea for Vera Bradley in 1982 while waiting for their flight at the Atlanta Airport, noticing the lack of feminine luggage, they never would have believed that this idea would have transformed into the nationally and internationally recognized and loved company.
Named after Barbara’s mother, Veronica Bradley stormed the handbag, luggage and accessory world within weeks—thanks to their full, fun and colorful designs (inspired by Veronica Bradley’s style and grace).
Needless to say, Vera Bradley is a coveted name in women’s fashion. But fashionable doesn’t always mean expensive, especially when it comes to Vera Bradley’s Outlet Sale.
Every year, over 60,000 Vera fans travel from all over the country (and the world) to this sale located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The first Outlet Sale, occurring in 1983, just a year after they originally opened, used to take place in a 10×10 tent in the parking lot of the original headquarters. Obviously that tent could not host that many shoppers, and so in 1991 the Outlet Sale relocated to the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, a 100,000+ square-foot Expo Center.
This exponential difference in location size not only reflects the amount of attendees, but also the amount of product available at up to 75% off retail prices.
This event makes for the perfect “Girlfriend Getaway” weekend with all of the shopping opportunity. In addition to the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale, Fort Wayne is home to two destination-style shopping malls and tons of unique consignment shops! And with many attractions such as the Fort Wayne Museum of Art, the Botanical Conservatory and more, there is plenty to do to fill the entire weekend.
The Vera Bradley Outlet Sale will take place this year from Wednesday to Sunday, April 8-12, 2015. The crowd and deals are big, but Vera Bradley provides the best experience possible.
To curb the crowd, the Outlet Sale is shopped in sessions:
Wednesday, April 8 – Friday, April 10 (tickets required)
7:30 – 10 a.m. (EST)
11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (EST)
2:30 – 5 p.m. (EST)
6 – 8:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday, April 11 (no tickets required)
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (EST)
Sunday, April 12 (no tickets required)
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (EST)
To get special deals on hotels, purchase tickets or learn more about the Sale, visit VisitFortWayne.com/VeraBradley.
15 Public Events in Indianapolis and Indiana
VERIFY ALL EVENT LISTINGS TO BE CERTAIN THEY WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED
- THU-SUN: Murat Shrine Circus at the Indiana State Fairgrounds
- FRI: Cher in Concert at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- FRI-SUN: Blue Man Group Live at Clowes Memorial Hall
- FRI: Jerry Seinfeld Live at the Old National Centre
- THU-SUN: Indianapolis Indians Baseball at Victory Field
- WED-SUN: Vera Bradley Outlet Sale at Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne
- MON-SUN: ‘Fables, Fairy Tales, and Physics’ ArtsFest at Butler University
- SAT: Ronnie Milsap Live at the Honeywell Center in Wabash
- SAT: 4th Annual Carmel Marathon at the Carmel Palladium
- SAT: Indy Eleven Pro Soccer at Michael Carroll Stadium at IUPUI
- THU: Lady Antebellum in Concert at the Ford Center in Evansville
- FRI-SUN: Hoosier Antiques Expo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds
- FRI: Mandy Patinkin in Concert at the Carmel Palladium
- TUE: ‘Jabberwocky’ at the IndyFringe Theatre
- SAT: REO Speedwagon in Concert at French Lick Resort
By Sara Holtz
On behalf of Eagle Creek Park
The Earth Discovery Center at Eagle Creek Park will host the “Celebration of Nature” art exhibit and sale, Dec. 7-15, 2013.
“Celebration of Nature” Art Exhibit/Sale
Saturday, Dec. 7 through Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday
Eagle Creek Park, Earth Discovery Center, 5901 Delong Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana
Free with park admission ($5 per vehicle)
For 26 years, local artists have showcased nature-based photography, sculptures, woodcarvings, oil, acrylic, and watercolor paintings, pen and ink, and fiber art during this annual holiday exhibit.
All entries emphasize the natural world—wildlife, nature or landscapes in which there are no man-made structures, people, domestic or captive animals.
Artwork is for sale, and makes for great holiday gifts. A percentage of the proceeds benefit the Eagle Creek Park Foundation, a nonprofit organization consisting of more than 1,100 members who help support the future of Eagle Creek Park.
For more information, visit www.Indy.gov/EagleCreek or call Leah Frenzel at 317-327-1196.
Editor’s Acknowledgement: BPS Marketing, Inc.