By Michael Davidson
On behalf of Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre
Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre presents SUPERHERO; a story of a man called Jesus at The Tarkington (in the Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre building) at The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana, April 14-15, 2017.
Back by popular demand for the fourth consecutive year and now becoming an annual Holy Week tradition, Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre’s SUPERHERO; the story of a man called Jesus is an experience of unprecedented emotion and is the must ‘see of the season.
This critically acclaimed, full-length modern ballet brings to life the struggles of Jesus Christ and the women surrounding him, as well as his complicated relationship with Judas Iscariot.
A story of betrayal, trust, sacrifice and great love, SUPERHERO; the story of a man called Jesus is masterfully set to modern music and movement and is an emotional roller coaster from the first pulsating rhythms to the final sweeping notes.
With world-class dancers, choreography and costumes, Artistic Director Gregory Hancock skillfully draws audiences into the poignant emotion of Jesus’s story, while evoking the universality of Jesus’s message and teachings.
SUPERHERO; the story of a man called Jesus is considered one of GHDT’s signature works and has been lauded as “exquisite,” “captivating from start to finish,” and “a most moving portrayal of The Passion.”
$37.50 to $42.50
The Tarkington, 3 Center Green, Carmel, Indiana
Friday, April 14, 2017, at 7 pm
Saturday, April 15, 2017, at 7 pm
Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre is the resident professional dance company at The Tarkington at The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana.
Things to do in Indianapolis and Indiana
For the week of October 21-27, 2013
- MON-SAT: 22nd Annual Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis
- FRI-SUN: Halloween ZooBoo at the Indianapolis Zoo
- SAT: College Men’s Basketball at Indiana University
- SAT: Whoopi Goldberg Live at Clowes Memorial Hall
- SUN: Kathy Griffin Live at the Old National Centre
- SAT-SUN: Indiana Ice USHL Ice Hockey at Pan Am Pavilion
- FRI: Tito Puente Live at the Carmel Palladium
- THU-SUN: Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
- FRI: ‘Jazz on the Avenue’ at Walker Theatre
- SUN: Arfpocalypse Zombie Dog Fest at Klipsch Music Center
- THU-SAT: Joyce Meyer Ministry Conference at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- THU-SUN: ‘New Dimensions’ by Dance Kaleidoscope at Indiana Repertory Theatre
- FRI: Colbie Caillat and Kenny Loggins in Concert at Clowes Memorial Hall
- FRI: Steve Winwood Live at the Old National Centre
- FRI-SUN: ‘The 1940’s Radio Hour’ at Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre
To see thousands of upcoming event listings in Indianapolis and Indiana, visit http://aroundindy.com/.