By Sarah Shadday
Mallow Run Winery
Mallow Run Winery in Bargersville, Indiana, will once again be the setting for an evening of the soulful music of a local favorite, Jennie DeVoe. This will be Jennie’s sixth concert at the winery, and her performance never fails to enchant and energize her devoted audience. The show is scheduled for Saturday, June 14, 2014, at 7 pm.
Jennie and wineries seem to go together well; you can catch her the weekend before on June 7 at the Vintage Indiana Wine Festival held in Military Park in downtown Indianapolis. This festival, which is celebrating its 15th year, is a celebration of food and wine and brings together over 25 Indiana wineries, including Mallow Run.
Indianapolis-based Jennie DeVoe is known not only for her captivating voice and music, but her personality and humor that shine through on stage as well. Her critically-acclaimed fifth CD, Strange Sunshine, was released in 2009 and quickly caught people’s attention, making her a celebrated artist both at home and away. Her work has been described as a “fresh, edgy, raw throwback to the soul records that Otis and Aretha used to make” and “a record for listeners who love good lyrics.”
Concertgoers will be treated to an evening of great music, local food vendors, and the award-winning wines of Mallow Run Winery. Patrons are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs and enjoy a relaxing evening on the lawn with great music and friends.
Mallow Run Winery is located at 6964 West Whiteland Road, Bargersville (two miles east of State Road 37), in Johnson County. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 day of show. Children 12 & under are free. Tickets may be purchased online by visiting www.mallowrun.com or by visiting or calling the Mallow Run tasting room at 317-422-1556.
Things to do in Indianapolis
For the week of Dec. 30, 2013 to Jan. 5, 2014
15 Public Events in Indianapolis and Indiana
- TUE: 7th Annual New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at Union Station
- MON-WED: 2014 Indy Auto Show at the Indiana Convention Center
- TUE: New Year’s Eve Rock ‘n’ Roll Ball at the Hyatt Regency
- TUE, SAT: Indiana Pacers NBA Basketball at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- MON-TUE, THU-SUN: Winter Fun Days at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
- TUE: Grand Caribbean New Year’s Eve Party at Indiana Grand Casino
- TUE: Family New Year’s Eve Event at the Indiana State Museum
- SAT: College Men’s Basketball at Indiana University
- TUE: ‘CIROC the New Year’ at Regions Bank Tower
- SUN: Super Sunday Indy Automotive Swap Meet at the State Fairgrounds
- MON, FRI: Indiana Ice USHL Ice Hockey at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- THU: Harlem Globetrotters Live at the Allen County Coliseum
- TUE: ‘Countdown to Noon’ at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- SAT-SUN: Winter Warmup Weekend at Mallow Run Winery
- SUN: ‘Going…Going…Gone’ at the IndyFringe Theatre
To see thousands of upcoming event listings and things to do in Indianapolis and Indiana, visit our main Web site at http://aroundindy.com/, or visit AroundIndy.com Mobile on your smartphone or tablet PC at http://aroundindy.com/mobile/mobile.php.
- WED-MON: 59th Annual Chevrolet Performance US Nationals Drag Racing Championships at Lucas Oil Raceway
- SAT: Miracle Mile Festival and Parade in Indianapolis
- SAT: Smokey Robinson in Concert at the Carmel Palladium
- MON-SUN: Devour Downtown Summerfest in Indianapolis
- SAT: College Football at the University of Notre Dame
- FRI-MON: 47th Annual Marshall County Blueberry Festival in Plymouth
- FRI-SUN: PKC International Karate Championships at the Marriott East Hotel
- SAT: The Beach Boys in Concert at Hoosier Park
- SAT-MON: 8th Anniversary Celebration at Mallow Run Winery
- MON-TUE, FRI-SAT: Indianapolis Indians Baseball at Victory Field
- FRI: Week #2, Indiana High School Football
- MON: Serena Ryder Live at the Old National Centre
- FRI: ‘Jazz on the Avenue’ at Walker Theatre
- FRI: Carly Rae Jepsen Live at The Lawn at White River State Park
- SAT: Labor Day Concert on Georgia Street in Downtown Indianapolis
Mallow Run Winery
Do you wish for fish? Applaud for cod? Think grouper is super? We do too! And we especially love it when it’s fried up right, served with delicious sides and paired with great local wine and live music.
Join us this Saturday, July 20, 2013, for our first ever Fish Fry on the Farm! From 5-8 pm, you’ll get to enjoy freshly fried catch-of-the-day and your favorite Mallow Run wine while relaxing to live music from the Benny Jenkins Bloodline on a beautiful summer evening. There may not be a lake or ocean in sight, but that won’t stop us from enjoying a good old-fashioned fish fry in Bargersville! Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and appetite.
Adult Meal $10, Children’s Meal $6: Each meal is all you can eat!
Create your perfect plate by choosing your food and portions from the following menu items:
His Place will be out on the lawn serving up ice cream for dessert! Check them out for a cool, sweet treat.
Benny Jenkins Bloodline (5-8 pm)
Benny Jenkins Bloodline plays postwar Chicago-style blues mixed with West Coast jump swing-influenced music, all with a rockabilly energy. Don’t miss this eclectic, energetic and fun mix of rock and blues!
Mallow Run Winery is located at 6964 West Whiteland Road, Bargersville, in Johnson County, just a short drive south of Indianapolis. Take Indiana Hwy 37 to Whiteland Road, then go east two miles. For more information, visit http://www.mallowrun.com/, or call 317-422-1556. Mallow Run Winery on AroundIndy.com…